Theme: Honoring America’s Heroes
Deadline: October 4th, 2019
- Open to all students in grades 9-12 in Maricopa County of high school age.
- Essays are to be 300-500 words.
- Essays must be submitted online via the link below.
- In submission at the top please include:
- Student’s name
- Student’s or parent’s email and phone
- Teacher’s name and class
- School name, address and phone number
- If home schooled, students need to provide contact information
- Essays will not be returned and will become property of the Phoenix Veterans Day Parade Committee.
Judging Criteria: Creative writing, Grammar, Originality, Content and Theme Focus.
Winners will receive:
- Cash prizes for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place, courtesy of Durant’s Restaurant
- Ride in the parade
- Winning essays printed in parade program
- Parade commemorative items
- Group photos electronically
- Teacher listed on the winning student’s entry will receive cash reward to use for his or her classroom