Theme: USA, A Beacon of Liberty
Deadline: September 4, 2020
- Open to all students in grades 9-12 in the state of Arizona who are of high school age.
- Essays are to be 300-500 words.
- Essays must be submitted online via the link below: https://www.honoringamericasveterans.org/essay-competition/entry-form/
- In submission at the top please include:
- Student’s name
- Student’s or parent’s email and phone
- Teacher’s name and class
- School name, address, and phone number
- If home schooled, students need to provide contact information
- Essays will not be returned and will become property of Honoring America’s Veterans
Judging Criteria: Creative writing based on the theme, correct grammar and spelling, originality, content and theme focus.
Winners will receive:
- Cash prizes for 1st place in each grade, courtesy of Durant’s Restaurant
- Winning essays will be placed in the online parade program
- Veterans Day commemorative items
- Teacher listed on the winning student’s entry will receive cash reward to use for his or her classroom
*NOTE: The winners will need to be able to drive to Phoenix to read their essay in studio.